These might sound fabricated but they are all true and come from a collaboration of friends who travel frequently on business. I’m not telling you which ones I contributed!
1. A handbag clean out reveals almonds, seaweed snacks, chopsticks and a theraband.
2. Your flight is delayed so you go to the yoga room, not the bar.
3. Your flight is cancelled. Other passengers are yelling at airline staff; you take the opportunity to listen to a guided meditation.
4. You book your hotel based on its proximity to Whole Foods.
5. Luggage allowance = room for sneakers, yoga mat, mega tubs of hummus and your tea kettle.
6. You research airport dining options before you leave so you can choose the healthiest option.
7. You pack quinoa porridge in a double Ziploc bag in your suitcase so you can eat it for breakfast every day. (See” tea kettle” above).
8. You pack your Vitamix because of fear of not being able to have a green smoothie daily.
9. You have to explain to TSA agents that you are not carrying drugs in Ziploc bags, but flax, hemp and chia seeds and that, yes, you can eat them. You deliver a 15-minute lecture on the nutritional benefits of each while the line grows behind you.
10. If your hotel room doesn’t have a refrigerator, you use your ice bucket to keep your perishable snacks cold. Tubs of berries, hummus, raw chocolate, guacamole and salsa all vie for space.